Ergodyne has announced the addition of three new products to the Chill-Its® Phase Change Series:
The new cooling vests offer a honeycomb cooling pack design for increased flexibility and comfort as well as a shorter, wider vest design, resulting in improved mobility for workers.
"We're constantly striving to find even better solutions for workers," said Alsie Nelson, product specialist of the Elements Pillar at Ergodyne. "Adding additional surface area for more cooling power, a honeycomb design to the cooling packs, and switching to a new FR fabric with an ATPV rating of 7.1 cal/cm2 are just a few things we came up with this time to deliver a power-packed punch when it comes to heat stress prevention."
The 6215, 6215HV, and 6230 are constructed with comfortable cotton and provide a wider surface area to enhance cooling power and hit the core body's key cooling zones. The adjustable hook and loop closure on the shoulders and waist not only make for an easy on/off transition, they allow for a perfect, customizable fit for any size worker. Once packs are activated, cooling is immediate and maintains a constant 58º F for up to four hours. Non-toxic and non-carcinogenic, the redesigned packs are made with a dialectic substance which is safe and effective for staying cool.
Available in both khaki and hi-vis, the newest FR 6215 vest is constructed with a Modacrylic cotton-blend FR fabric boasting an ATPV rating of 7.1 cal/cm2. For those wanting increased visibility on the job site, the 6215HV comes in hi-vis orange with reflective tape. For additional on-the-job convenience, an elastic pen loop is constructed on the front of the vest.
"If a worker isn't comfortable in their cooling gear, they won't wear it," said Tom Votel, president and CEO, Ergodyne. "Our latest improvements to the Chill-Its® Phase Change Series offer lots of solid new features but most importantly – they're comfortable and they'll cool you down. The ultimate goal."
Ideal for workers in hot environments, the new Chill-Its® Phase Change Vests (6215, 6215HV, and 6230) are available NOW at all authorized Ergodyne distributors. For more information, visit www.ergodyne.com or call 800.225.8238 // +1 651.642.9889.
Chill-Its® Phase Change Cooling Vests and Packs
- Maintains constant temperature of 58ºF / 14ºC
- Cooling lifecycle lasts up to four hours
- Comfortable cotton construction with adjustable hook & loop closure at shoulders and waist for great fit
- Fabric meets ATPV of 7.1 cal/cm²
- Non-toxic, non carcinogenic substance
- Fabric carrier is washable in mild soap; line dry
- New design features include: a shorter, wider vest for better mobility that still addresses the core body zones, pen loop, and overall updated appearance
- New phase change packs have honey comb design for better flexibility
- One set of cool packs included with each vest; additional packs sold separately
- Colors: Khaki, Hi-Vis Orange