A new construction worker has been lending high-efficiency help to job sites, laying bricks at almost three times the speed of a human worker. SAM (short for Semi-Automated Mason) is a robotic bricklayer that handles the repetitive tasks of basic brick laying, MIT Technology Review reports. While SAM handles picking up bricks, applying mortar and placing them at designated locations, its human partner handles worksite setup, laying bricks in specific areas (e.g. corners) and improving the aesthetic quality of the masonry.
About The Author
December 30, 2016
- Mulch Around Objects Above and Below Grade Quickly, with Precision and Power
- Dangle Saw from Ryan’s Equipment Lets You Drop Trees in Any Direction
- Boom-Operated Screed Has 16′ Reach, Covers 200 Square Feet Per Pass
- Turn Your Mini Excavator Into a Mulching Machine
- Fenders Tilt With the Deck on This Versatile Trailer